The following campuses will host a half-day Pre-K 3 program for the 2022-23 school year
Students must be qualifiers; 1/2 Day
Full Day PreK-4 Available at all Elementary Campuses
Documents you will need to present
You need to bring these documents to get your child enrolled in PreK:
- Your Child’s Birth Certificate
- Proof of Address (Gas, Water or Electric Bill, or Military Housing Orders)
- Your Child’s Immunization Record
- Your Child’s Social Security Card*
*(If your child does not have a Social Security Card, they can still enroll.)
In the military? If you are enrolling your child using the military criteria, you will need to also provide:
- A copy of the DOD Photo ID for the child
- A copy of the State of Service Form or A copy of the Death Certificate,
- A copy of the Purple Heart orders or a copy of the Line of Duty Determination documentation
- A copy of appropriate documentation for the service member who is missing in action
- A letter from the Department of Family and Protective Services indicating conservatorship
If your student qualifies for PreK, they will be eligible for the entire school year. Once enrolled, your child should begin at the assigned school.
Do not submit fake documents. It is against the law, and could make your child ineligible for our Programs.
Pre-K Eligibility Requirements
Is your child going to be 3 or 4 years old by September1?
Qualifying and Non-qualifying students will be accepted for the PreK-4 program if the child is 4 by September 1.
All Pre-K 3 students must meet one of the following eligibility requirements.
- Does not speak or understand English
- Eligible for the Free or Reduced – Price Lunch Program
- Has a parent that is active duty military or active duty reserve, click here for more information
- Is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing
- Has a parent that was an active duty member of the armed forces, state military forces or reserve component who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Is the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Texas Government Code §3106.002, a firefighter under Texas Government Code §3106.003 an emergency medical first responder under Texas Government Code §3106.004