What we do
The purpose of the Homebound/Home-Hospital Program is to provide instruction to students who are unable to attend school due to a medical condition. Homebound teachers and staff provide instruction in the students’ homes as well as in a hospital setting for those who are currently enrolled in El Paso Independent School District.
To qualify for program services:
- Students must be diagnosed with a medical condition that prevents them from attending school.
- A physician statement (from a medical doctor licensed in the United States) must be completed and given to the program nurse.
- Students must be confined to the home (and are only permitted to leave the home for medical appointments).
- Students need to be receiving medical treatment during the time they are at home with the goal of returning to school (to be determined by the student's physician).
- The home campus must initiate the placement after receiving a properly completed physician's statement.