What We Do
The External Funds and Fund Development department supports the district's efforts to procure financial resources that support teaching and learning opportunities.
The department's primary activities include:
- Researching and developing proposals for district leadership and special programs that support district initiatives and strategic priorities.
- Building partnerships with community agencies and district departments.
- Providing editorial and technical assistance for competitive funding applications for campus initiatives.
- Providing oversight for awarded district projects and ensuring compliance with funding agencies including implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Ensuring fidelity of awarded projects to comply with all federal, state, local, and district policies and procedures.
- Providing oversight in developing the annual comprehensive needs assessment.
- Facilitating district-wide strategic planning for state and federal program funding.
- Overseeing district administrative staff to prepare and submit the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) application and related compliance reports.
- Overseeing district and campus strategies to ensure appropriate fund utilization and compliance of all state and federal program funds.
Director, External Funds and Fund Development
1014 N Stanton St.
El Paso, TX 79902