Scholarship Application 2019-20
Founded in 1994, the EPISD Education Foundation has awarded thousands of dollars to high-school seniors in the El Paso Independent School District. All scholarships are restricted to furthering the student’s education including tuition, books, housing, and other related expenses, all at the discretion of the EPISD Education Foundation Board of Directors. All scholarships are awarded on a one-time basis and made without regard to race, creed, color, sex, religion or national origin. The deadline to apply is March 13, 2020.
- Have been enrolled the final two years of his/her education at an EPISD high school.
- Meet all graduation requirements as specified by EPISD policy and set forth by the State of Texas by June of their graduation year (i.e. credits, EOC, etc.).
- Have been accepted for enrollment by an accredited college or university.
- Must be enrolled for a minimum of 12 hours the first semester.
- Complete the application.
- Approved scholarships will be awarded a maximum of $1,000 per student.
- Scholarships will be payable to the college or university after proof of registration is provided.
Students who have earned 12 hours or more of college credit through dual credit (including OnRamps) or have received a 3+ on at least four AP exams are highly encouraged to also apply for the EPISD Education Foundation STARS Scholarship. Recipients of this scholarship will have the opportunity to get matching funds to attend a Texas college or university. For more information about the colleges offering matching funds through STARS and to apply, go to www.starsscholarship.org. The deadline to apply for the STARS Foundation Scholarship is March 31, 2020.*
*Note: Students can apply for both the EPISD Education Foundation scholarship and the STARS Foundation Scholarship. However, if a student receives the EPISD Education Foundation STARS Scholarship, they will not be eligible for the traditional EPISD Education Foundation Scholarship.