Qualified EPISD employees to receive Winter Stipend
(EL PASO INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT -- Dec. 6, 2019) — On June 18, 2019, the EPISD Board of Trustees approved the allocation of funds that will provide eligible employees in the District with a one-time stipend that will be added to theier Dec. 13 paycheck. The stipend will be noted on that paycheck as a separate line item.
Employees must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Employees must have been employed with EPISD as of April 1, 2019.
- Employees must be on permanent-employee status with EPISD.
- Employees must be employed on the date of the disbursement of the stipend (December 13, 2019).
- The amount of the stipend will be based on the employee’s full-time equivalent percentage, where 8 hours of work per day equals 1.00 Full Time Employee.
Disbursement will be paid as follows:
- Based on the position assignment of an employee with an Authorized Weekly Schedule of 20 hours or less will receive half the stipend amount ($375);
- Based on the position assignment of an employee with an Authorized Weekly Schedule over 20 hours and up to 40 hours will be paid the full stipend amount of $750.
- Authorized Weekly Schedule is set by the position assignment and is not based on supplemental duties that may result in work beyond the set authorized hours.
- Hours worked as overtime and/or compensatory time is not considered when determining stipend amount of $375 and $750. 5. Employees in an unpaid status (not receiving a paycheck) on December 13, 2019, may receive the stipend once the employee returns to a paid status. The stipend criteria will be applied to determine eligibility once the employee returns to a paid status. An employee using full or proportionate paid leave shall be considered to be in paid status. Employees in an unpaid status may contact Payroll at 230-2120 for more information on stipend eligibility.
If you have any questions regarding the stipend, please contact Payroll Services at 230-2120.