EPISD Education Foundation On-Line Scholarship Application Now Open
The EPISD Education Foundation is proud of its tradition to provide scholarships to graduating seniors in EPISD. Last year, more than 90 seniors received scholarships of $1,000 each from the EPISD Education Foundation and its partners the Irvin Alumni Association and the Paso del Norte Foundation.
The on-line application process for the class of 2018 is open from Feb. 1 to March 23, 2018. Scholarships will be awarded in May.
Please see the instructions below before starting the application process.
Applicants will not be able to log in and out of the system so they need to be prepared with the following information before they begin:
- Class Rank & GPA
- Annual family income & number of dependents
- Amount of money available for college expenses to include financial support from parents, work and savings. Sources and amount of financial aid already secured and anticipated tuition and related expenses for 2018-19
- Work experience and other accomplishments
- List of extracurricular activities/community service/honors & awards
The following are the essays you will need to cut and paste into the space provided on the application. Select two of the three essays:
Essay 1. Explain the importance of your intended area of study in today’s society. (500-word maximum)
Essay 2. After graduation, how do you plan on giving back to your community and society? (500-word maximum)
Essay 3. Write a short essay about someone who has made a significant impact in your life. (500-word maximum)
A current transcript and two letters of recommendation also will need to be uploaded. Letters need to be dated and signed one-page letter of recommendation from a person in authority, such as high school administrators, faculty, staff, community members, employer or civic leaders who are familiar with the student’s abilities, work habits, integrity and potential. Letters may not be from family members.
The application can only be accessed by seniors.
In addition to the traditional EPISD Education Foundation Scholarships, three new scholarship funds have been set up through an anonymous donor with the Paso del Norte Foundation. All scholarships are $1,000 and applicants will need to complete both applications if they are interested in the scholarships. The additional scholarships will be available at foundation.episd.org. The scholarships are:
- Ann Yerby Memorial Scholarship is available to all EPISD students with special preference given to students who attended Hughey Elementary, where Yerby retired from in the 1970s. Click here to download.
- Coach Lou Robustelli Memorial Scholarship is available to students graduating from Bowie and Burges high schools, where Robustelli spent his career in EPISD. Click here to download.
- Genevieve Gonzalez Scholarship is available to EPISD students who are considering majoring in a foreign language or cultures. Click here to download.