Military and Family Life CounselorMilitary Family Life Counselors provide a wide range of support to military children and youth, family members and staff who work with children by
- Engaging in activities with children and youth
- Providing behavioral interventions in classrooms, on campus to assist staff in setting and managing boundaries
- Modeling behavioral techniques and providing feedback to staff
- Being available to parents and staff to discuss interactions with children and other concerns
- Facilitating psycho-educational groups
Issues addressed are:
- School adjustment
- Deployment and separation
- Reunion adjustment
- Sibling and parent-child communication
- Behavioral concerns
- Fear, grief and loss.
If you have any questions about this program please contact our MFLAC at (915) 549-1708 from 8:00am to 8:00pm Monday - Friday.
Services are private and confidential with the exception of child abuse/neglect, domestic abuse and other duty-to-warn situations.
Resources for families:
Military Kids Connect (MKC) is an online community for military children (ages 6-17 yr old) that provides access to age-appropriate resources to support children dealing with the unique psychological challenges of military life. MKC offers informative activities, fun games, helpful videos, and an online community that can build and reinforce understanding, resilience, and coping skills in military children and their peers.
Military OneSource serves our warrior guardians, military families and our entire global military community — to help you live your best MilLife.
- Provide useful tools for parents and educators to ease military students’ school transitions
- Share practical activities to strengthen family bonds
- Provide innovative training to parents to maximize their child’s development and learning potential
- Present effective parenting strategies to build resilient, confident kids
- Lead advocacy efforts to support the unique needs of military families