First Year: Culinary Arts 1: HT3I00Y2 or HT3I0AY2 / HT3I0DY2 (Dual Credit)
- Culinary Arts begins with the fundamentals and principles of the art of cooking and the science of baking and includes management and production skills and techniques. Students can pursue a national sanitation certification or other appropriate industry certifications. This course is offered as a laboratory-based course.
Second Year: Advanced Culinary Arts: HT4I00Y2 or HT4I0AY2 / HT4I0DY2 (Dual Credit)
- Advanced Culinary Arts will extend content and enhance skills introduced in Culinary Arts by indepth instruction of industry-driven standards in order to prepare students for success in higher education, certifications, and/or immediate employment.
This course offers an opportunity for Dual Credit or Articulated Credit in-conjunction with El Paso Community College (EPCC).
The Dual credit courses are:
- Sanitation & Safety [CHEF 1305]
- Basic Food Preparation [CHEF 1301]
- Fundamentals of Baking [PSTR 1301]
- Saucier [CHEF 2302]
Articulated courses allow a non Dual Credit student who earns an '85' or better to claim credit once they enroll at EPCC and file their degree plan in that specific field.
A student in this Program of Study may earn an industry-recognized certification.
Program Specific Certifications
- Texas Department of Health Food Handler Certification
- Serv-Safe National Certification
For more information please see your CTE Counselor.