- Recommended fonts - Helvetica Bold or Arial Bold for titles and Helvetica Regular or Arial Regular for body text.
- One thing at a time - The audience will almost instantly read every slide as soon as it’s displayed.
- No paragraphs - Most presentations fail when there are large amounts of content on each slide. The presentation is not a stand-alone document. Your slides are the illustrations for your presentation, not the presentation itself.
- Use images sparingly - Try to avoid using PowerPoint’s built-in clipart. If you need branding images, contact the Community Engagment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Over design - Avoid the temptation to dress up your pages with effects use the template provided by Community Engagement.