What we do
El Paso Independent School District (EPISD) employs Registered Nurses (R.N.) at each school campus.
EPISD nurses are a dedicated group of skilled professionals who provide valuable healthcare services to the school district.
The primary responsibility of the school nurse is to provide for the safety, well-being, and healthcare of students enrolled in EPISD. Other responsibilities are included, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the students are in compliance with immunizations according to the state requirements.
- Delivering healthcare to students with special needs such as diabetics, gastrointestinal tube feedings (GT), tracheotomy, catheterization, etc.
- Educating school personnel on Blood Borne Pathogens at the beginning of the school year.
- Coordinating puberty classes for 5th-grade students.
- Coordinating and organize health fairs.
- Participating in the Crisis Management Team.
For the Employee Health Clinic at Ed. Center Boeing, please call (915) 230-2074.
The professional nurses in Health Services adhere to the Mission Statement of the Texas School Nurses Organization. The Mission of the Texas School Nurses is to advance professional practice of school nursing in ways that promote each student's optimal level of wellness and educational potential.